Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Awesome Storm Video - as promised...

I took a few 30 second video clips of today's weather. Smaller clips make for easier uploading and hopefully doesn't clog the viewers web page while they try to watch.
This first one is just a silly video of a chipmunk who immediately came to see what I had brought for him (her?). Sorry little buddy, nothing from me today.



More silly chipmunks..... off camera and to the left there are three stoners sitting outside their car on the ground while several Morro Bay Police officers search through all their stuff. Empty Heineken bottles and green prescription bottles are piled atop their car. Sometimes a day at the beach just ends badly.


So here I am at the south side of Morro Rock, in Morro Bay, CA. The weather is chili, about 45 or so, and pretty windy. The road I'm on is usually a parking area but it was closed today because of the storm so you had to walk out. It is hard to capture the magnificence of the waves and the ocean with just a little camera, but I hope you can feel a tiny bit of the peace I felt when I got there this afternoon...



Ironic how such a stormy atmosphere can bring peace. This video below is a little longer (1min:30sec) but I think it's awesome. When you have had a really hard day, and you are crying out to God to show himself to you - sometimes this is what you get... it is an amazing and humbling answer.


This is at the north side of the rock, where the open ocean comes in. I am facing north toward Cayucos. For those of you who came out to CA and stayed in the beach house a few Christmases ago, it is on the right. You can't see it, it's about a mile up the beach. But this is the beach we walked on every day. Didn't look like this then, though!


And finally, surfers surf ALL THE TIME!! They can't resist the big waves, and these guys are actually surfing IN THE BAY!! You can't really see them very well, they are just little black dots in the water and there are a half a dozen or so.


No comments:

Post a Comment