Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hunny's and Sunsets






















Well to day was such a beautiful day and everyone on my FB who is local was talking about going to the beach - and I got the bug!! When Jason got home from work we packed up the baby and went to Montana de Oro State Park. This week we had terrential rains and wind, and when that happens, Montana de Oro just gets beat! And with the state budget crisis and state park cut-backs, MdO is not as well maintained as it could be. So the debris laying all over the place was a little daunting, but once we got through it and out to the water, the beauty over took us. Then it hit me - we live about five miles away from this very spot, but it was the first time we had taken the baby to the beach!! We are so bad!! Brynn was just a few days old before we stuck her feet in the ocean and Camryn was just a couple weeks, I think. But our poor baby boy, 7 months old before he sees the ocean he can hear from his bedroom window!! I will have to make this more of a regular occurrence.
Camryn and Brynn are each off with friends for the night, and so that is why they are not pictured in any of these photos. But don't worry, I'll get some great ones for the Christmas Letter!!






2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics of my favorite spot on earth!!

    And I SOOOO know what you mean.. the further daown th eline my kids are the longer it took me to introduce them to the beach... I try to go at least once a week... keeps me grounded!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved catching up on the photos and stories. When our 4 were growing up, a friend introduced me to the "Sidetracked..." book. It took a while to get the system set up, but our home has never been cleaner with less hassle and complaint than when we were using those cards!

    I especially treasure your image of God calling you (and me) "Sweetie Pie."

    Love 'n' hugs, (Aunt) Sheryl

    ReplyDelete