So my darling little daughter, Camryn is one of the most imaginative children I have ever encountered. Her little mind goes places I didn't know a mind could go and the stories she comes up with range from super silly to wacky and bazaar. Last week when she had her dental surgery and was home all week and taking a child's dose of darvaset for the pain I should have been keeping a tape recorder on at all times because the stories she told were absolutely priceless but I don't remember a single one. I do, however, remember one she told to Jason's mom about Night Vision several weeks ago that needs not go untold:
The setting is bedtime at Gramma Pat's house and Camryn and Gramma Pat are laying in bed and have just turned off the light so that Camryn can go to sleep.
Camryn: Gramma, did you know I have night vision? I can see everything in this room!
Gramma Pat: Really? Night Vision? Where did you hear about night vision?
Camryn: Well I went to the doctor and he shined a light in my ear and it lit up my brain and made me have night vision.
Gramma Pat: Oh. Well did you know that I have night vision too? I can see the things in the dark, too.
Camryn: Really? Did the doctor shine a light in your ear?
Gramma Pat: No, I just....(was going to say wait for her eyes to get used to the darkness but was interrupted)...
Camryn: Well then you don't have night vision, Gramma.
Well needless to say, that girl is one reason why I'm compelled to write. These kinds of stories need to be archived for all time!!!
darling!
ReplyDelete